Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Adventure's in Stevielillydome!

Here are some shots I just can't resist putting up. They are frankly beautiful kids and they need to be shown!

I ordered some new swings for this playground. The old ones kind of rotted while we were gone and the ropes of the swings kept giving Stevie slivers. Stevie got a big boy swing, Lilly got one just her size and I also ordered a bar and rings that we can interchange. Lilly loves to swing and she walks around the house saying "mor wing pease!" It is too cute to resist! Stevie will even push her when she asks...sometimes! Speaking of sometimes...Stevie asked me yesterday if I knew what the word "sometimes" means. I asked him to tell me and he said that it means "17 days you get to do one thing and 100 days you don't." I love it!!!


We put Stevie into soccer this year and tonight is his first game. This is a pic of him going to practice last week with his new shinguards and fancy green ball. Of course he picked out a green ball. Look at the smile on his face!!! When we were at the store picking out a ball for Stevie, Lilly picked out a hot pink volleyball and it made me so proud!!!


Sarah came to visit last week and we of course didn't take enough pics but here are a couple we did get. It was actually chilly so I didn't think Stevie would get into the water. I don't know what I was thinking, the kid loves to get into the water!! We eventually ditched his pants and shirt and let him run around in just his underwear. He had a blast!
Lilly got her toes wet and then was completely content to play in the sand! Maybe if it was warmer she would have enjoyed the water more. Stevie is kind of afraid of the waves and we usually try and go to the beach during low tide. The waves are calmer and there are tide pools to play in. This day we showed up at high tide and Stevie literally talked himself into the water. He would mutter to himself while he walked out to the water "the waves are scary...the waves are scary," and turn to run back to shore. Each time he would get a little farther out until at last he completely sat down with the water about to his rib cage. I was pretty proud of him! We stayed until it started to rain and then hightailed it out!


Lilly with pigtails right before gymnastics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy,

Looks like you are getting back into things. Sorry we couldn't get together before you left. Life is just busy and both of us were juggling so many things. I'm sad that we couldn't get together more too. Maybe life will slow down and you guys will move back. :) And people think stay-at-home-moms just sit home and watch soaps!!!! ha ha ha... I'm teaching dance again this year. 4 classes and I'm the department manager for the costume and Hip Hop depts. WoW! So busy. Hope everything is well for you. You are welcome to check out my blog, too. TTYL

Minerva10616 said...

Oh how fun. Any chance i could get your new address so i can slip something in the mail to you. The two of yours are having what looks like a wonderful childhood.