Saturday, October 11, 2008

Update

Hey Ya'll! Greetings from the deep south. I wanted to give an update into our lives. I know... it has been a couple of weeks. Not as bad as a couple of months of neglect but still neglect. So here it is.


The two of them spent the day with their dad while I went to an all day scrap book event. It was a benefit for breast cancer and I had an absolute blast! 10am to 10pm and I didn't make it all day. I know, embarrassing, but the chair wasn't comfortable and at least I made it to 9:30pm right? Close. So the kids went to the park, played outside and from what I hear thoroughly enjoyed their dad! Not hard to do seeing how he is a wonderful dad!!! This is a picture of them eating luch together. Steve sent to me while I was a-scrappin'.



This was taken at the mall...it is a new soft play area and it is awesome. Its a big area with a slide and lots of tunnels and even a boat. Lilly is into doing everything her brother does and was set and determined to climb on the boat just like Stevie. She made it grunting and all. This was taken with my phone camera and it isn't fast enough to catch Stevie's face. The camera has to be state of the art to catch his beautiful mug. He only holds still for about a nano second.


We put Lilly in gymnastics and she loves it. She is a natural climber and we figured this might teach her to ... I don't know climb with style and enhance the coordination so she doesn't fall as much. I swear kids can climb up but getting down is the problem. This is her saying "ta-da" after climbing down the ladder. It is wonderful because the coach teaches the parents to teach the kids. So there is no waiting for turns and there isn't much structure. The coach moves around the room instructing each kid one on one on and apparatus. Lilly's favorite thing this week was climbing the ladder and last week it was the vault. Yes they have a mini vault. She doesn't even make the springs move but she tries hard and has fun doing it!


This is the biggest spider I have ever seen. Stevie found it and was telling me a spider was on the door frame. It was literally so big and kind of in a different position, from my angle, I thought it was a stick. Stevie's kept telling me, no it's a spider. The thing was the size of a golf ball!


Speaking of animals... this is the alligator Steve had a run'in with on the 11th hole at the golf course. I guess there are two resident alligators at the course and this is the small one. Steve almost hit the other one (12-15 feet tip to tail) on the 15th hole last week. This little guy is only 6 feet tip to tail. I don't know... those are Steve's words...to me little is maybe a foot or two not 6.

Things around here are kind of working their way into a schedule and we like it that way. I have a bunch of pictures to post of Stevie's first soccer experience and that will be coming soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you guys are keeping busy. Love the TADA picture. I like Stevies short hair cut. Tell Steve that any animal that is 6FT is NOT LITTLE!! Georgia can keep their spiders YUCK I would have freaked out. That is a BIG one...I don't think I have ever seen on that big. Nana K

Nat said...

I can't handle spiders! And that one is huge! Ugh. Maybe there's a reason I live in the tundra!! :)

Minerva10616 said...

How fun. It must be so nice that you're a full household again. I'm amazed at all that you do. Next time you're here we'll go for a hike and i bet you'll see a bigger spider. Taranchulas. i ran over one once that made a bump in the road and made the car shake.

Anonymous said...

WOW that is the biggest spider i think ive ever seen! lilly looks so cute in her gymnastic outfit. stevie also looks so cute with his green soccer ball(my favorite color! Emily :)