Saturday, June 30, 2007

My Poor Mom

What a day. I had an amazing time at a coaching clinic I attended. I know to most it would be a very boring day but I got a kick out of it. The host was absolutely hilarious. I laughed all day and learned a ton.

But....my poor mother was at home with the kids all day long. Now she probably has a really good idea why I didn't want to stay in GA and be a single mom while Steve is deployed. On a side note...Stevie is really going through a rough time and its hard because on one hand I need to discipline him for being a monster...or otherwise known as a typical 3 year old...but on the other hand I know he is really hurting because his dad has left him. Ok, back to the story... The 3 of them...Lilly, Stevie, and Nana, plus the dog....went to the river and fed the geese. Stevie apparently, charmed every group of people he met into giving him bread to feed the birds. I can just see him chatting up every person that walked by. Mom said Stevie ran for 2 solid hours and between chasing the dog and making sure Stevie didn't fall in the river, Mom got a workout!!!

I guess he did pretty good for Nana until nap time. He refused to take a nap and when Nana tried to insist, the little bugger nose peed on the floor. Can we say stubborn? I wonder where he gets it. Then she asked him to put on a pull-up since he peed in his underwear and he put on three. He is a stinker through and through. When I got home he informed me that he didn't take a nap but rested for a little while. I swear he talks like a 10 yr old.

But the day is over and we survived. Nana went to bed at 9pm, a little bit before Stevie...and I had to laugh just a little bit. Thank God I'm here. I don't think I would have survived this without Nana and Papa's help!!

5 comments:

Miss Andi said...

Wow mandy! wait until lilly is older. you'll get to try the 3 and 5 year old effect!

hey did i ever show you my myspace?

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Poor Nana! But, I am sure glad you have her support!

And a piece of advice, you can't change that Steve is gone. But, don't let the guilty feelings of it keep you from disciplining Stevie. Because if you do that for the length of time Steve is gone....Stevie will know exactly how "to work you" and get/do exactly what he WANTS! And you will want to kill the sweet little pre-schooler! It wouldn't be doing him any good. Kids need limits. And without them...they turn into little heathens.

xoxo
~Rox~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new blog, Mandy. I've had one for almost a year now and love it! I think it's a great way to express myself, keep record of my thoughts/life, and connect with new and old friends. I'm adding you to my favorites!:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never thought that this would be something you would do. I don't know, I just think this "blogging" thing is way too much like the whole "my space" thing, and more like a singles club. It's just not for me. I could never open my life up like this... I suppose I'm way too private.
Oh well, if it's what you need, good for you. Glad to hear things are working out for the best in Idaho - can't wait to see you this week!
~Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hey! got your email and thought I'd check this out. I'm glad to hear your doing well, sorry to hear about Stevie having a hard time, but since your the only person that could ever keep Steve in check I'm sure Stevie will come around. Take care!