Monday, July 2, 2007

Little Brother Adam!!!

My Brother is in town for 2 weeks and it is awesome!!!!! I haven't seen him in almost 18 months and it is so good to see him! He has been in town one day and we have already had a ton of fun. Today we floated the canal. For all you city folk...that is a small man made river that is used to water the farmer's fields and there is one right behind our house. Ad and I used to do this in the summer when we were kids and had a pretty good time. It was a lot colder than I ever remember!!! I think it is a sign I'm getting older....

We tried to find a iner-tube that had a built in center so Stevie could sit on top but could only find the typical ones with an empty hole in the middle. So, we took that, an old yellow pool float...that would only stay inflated for about 10 minutes, some life jackets, asked Nana to shuttle us and away we went. I don't have any still pictures of this event because the battery on my camera was dead but we took some video of it. Anyway, we loaded up and away we went. We decided to start our adventure at a small water fall and to make sure it was safe we sent my brother in first and alone as the gini pig... He jumped on the tube, floated over the falls, and flipped feet over head backwards. I have to admit that once I saw he was safe, I enjoyed a good laugh!!!

We figured that he was safe enough and Stevie really wanted to go too so... we put the yellow float on top of the tube and sat Stevie on top of it all. Ad hung onto the side of the tube and they took off. They started out side by side but, because Ad wasn't wearing a life vest, he traveled a lot faster than Stevie. So, Ad floated over the falls, got dunked and then came Stevie (in a life vest...of course.) The tube caught in the falls and flipped but some how, miraculously, Stevie stayed in the center of the yellow float ... it still had some air left in it...and some how it sailed over the tube, stayed upright and floated down to Ad. I have to tell you, it made my heart jump but it was pretty cool how the yellow one kept Stevie out of the water. Stevie loved it.

The rest of the trip was uneventful, but fun. We got a little cold but floated the trip twice. After the first time, we went home and picked up my Dad so he could join in the fun. The second time, Dad jimmy-rigged a life vest in the center of the tube and secured it with rope. Stevie went over the falls without a hitch and I think even stayed dry. Ad, of course, got dunked again!!!

We plan on doing this little adventure a couple more times and I promise to provide pictures of our adventures.

Oh, and as a side note, the video we got of this trip is too funny. Mom and Dad both thought the camera was off when it was on and on when it was off. We have some of the most hilarious commentary of our float.

1 comment:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

hilarious! you must upload the video, if you can figure out how! (don't ask me, because I don't have a clue!!!)

But, I can picture it in my mind....and it's freaking funny!!!