Monday, July 9, 2007

Shellin' Peas


This is a time honored tradition of shelling peas...and Stevie has officially joined in the ranks. Nana, when she knows I will be here for the pea crop, will plant an especially large crop and this year is no different. Because I have pretty severe allergies, she does all the picking and then we both will shell and process them. These are the sweetest most delicious food known to man. But they take forever to shell and freeze them all. Stevie jumped right in and helped. He has his own little pan, a towel, and away he went. The only difference between us is my peas were cooked and frozen where as Stevie made a nice little pile and ate them all!

1 comment:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Do you mean green peas? Those are my favorite! Yum!

P.S. I wouldn't have a clue about shelling anything!