Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's Begninning To Look A Lot Like Chirstmas!

Stevie helped set up the Christmas tree this year. As you can tell it was a fresh tree...we freshened it up outside in the fresh cold air for a couple of hours to get the dust off! He had fun sliding the branches into the slots. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of us decorating the thing but Stevie helped Papa with the lights (he even helped Papa wind up the lights when we took the tree down) and Nana and I with the decorations. He loved the ones that Adam had made as a kid and the little Nutcracker characters the best. Lilly helped too. She examined and tasted everything within reach to make sure it was suitable for the tree.

This was the first Christmas home in 3 years and I had a wonderful time going through all the old decorations. It brought back a lot of fond memories.




Antie Samantha got the kids an advent calender this year and to be honest Stevie wasn't very interested in it until I told him there was chocolate inside the little windows. He tried to convince me another day had passed after his nap so he could get two chocolates a day. I never gave in and he never gave up asking!


Lilly loved hers too. She would work at getting the little doors open for a long time. She even got a piece of chocolate out on her own. After that she knew exactly what Stevie was doing when he opened his door and she made sure she was right in the middle of things until I gave in and let her open hers too! (this is where I break into song and sing you..."everything you can do I can do better" they are really getting to be brother and sister and she will not be left out! So cute. I can see Steve's suborn personality coming through...wink wink...because of course it couldn't be mine!!!

2 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

funny! can't blame the girl for wanting HER chocolate!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love the picture of Lilly watching from the christmas box, it is so cute. You can tell she wants to be involed so much.