Sunday, January 27, 2008

Christmas House!

This was Stevie's last day of school before Christmas break and his class preformed 3 Christmas songs in their Chirstmas program and then we made a ginger bread a.k.a. gram cracker a.k.a. holiday house together. The founder of this school is Jewish and so it is a holiday house not a Christmas house. So funny. Stevie didn't do much singing in the program but he did sway with the beat and the rest of his class. I got it all on video but between Lilly and the video camera I didn't get any still shots. I promise, when I grow my 3rd arm I will be all over it!

This house was a lot of work to make...Stevie had to taste every piece of candy before applying it to the house...quality control? Lilly just wanted to do anything that Stevie was doing (eating candy) and again I only have 2 hands. But despite by limitations we built this beautiful house. On the way home from school Stevie begged to be able to eat some of it. I told him over and over that we needed to at least save it long enough for Nana and Papa to see it. He grumbled over the decision but what could he do, he was strapped in his car seat. As a side note...c00toes to the maker of the car seat buckle...Stevie can undo the top buckle but not the bottom one...once he is in, I'm in complete control. Wahh-ha-ha-ha!!! (evil laugh) Anyway, we had to make a slight detour to Walmart for diapers and as we were getting in the car after our shopping trip, disaster struck!!! In my defense...it was the 2 hands thing...if only God had made us with 3 hands the house would still be standing!! I dropped my purse onto the front seat to help Stevie into the car, forgetting that I had put the house on the front seat, and absolutely demolished it. Whoops!!

I was so afraid to tell Stevie what I had done. I imagined the tears and lots of wailing. So I waited until I had control (seat belt thing again) and told him, cringed and waited for the screams. Stevie calmly looked at me as said, "Can I eat it now? Nana and Papa won't want to see it all squished!" I laughed and told him no. Then the screams came! We drove home, pieced it together, took a quick picture and literally the thing fell apart a millisecond after the camera clicked. Then I let Stevie eat it!

3 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

OMG...I can't believe you squished the house!!! (albeit, on accident) I bet you about died!!!!

I'll have to admit flashbacks from my own life w/ my kids....and I did laugh at this story.....

Poor Stevie!

Anonymous said...

Thats a great story that you will be able to look back to forever and laugh. I think the reproduction came out well.

Minerva10616 said...

This is so funny. You and your children are so much fun. I'm taking notes, and lots of them for when Shep gets old enough. The take away lesson is that the car seat can be used as a tool.