Saturday, March 22, 2008

School Work

Once again I'm months behind. This picture was taken in December. I went in with Stevie to help in the class and this was one of the works he wanted to show me.

First he hammered the nails in and then he pulled them out.

He really loves his school. The other day we were talking about moving back to Savannah when Dad gets back from Iraq. Stevie asked me if I would ask Miss Susan and Miss Joanie if they would move the school to Savannah. I told him he should ask Miss Joanie. We had parent teacher conferences about 2 weeks ago and Miss Joanie brought up the conversation she and Stevie had. She couldn't figure out why Stevie wanted to move the school to Las Vegas because she was pretty sure we were moving back to Savannah. She said that Stevie asked her one morning if she would move the school to Vada and she thought he was saying Nevada and then they both agreed it was Las Vegas. She said that Stevie nodded, smiled and bounced some more. I love it. And she was touched that he loves school so much!

As for the report card, Stevie is doing great. He is working on all the pre math, pre reading, and just where he needs to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the glasses, that is an awesome photo!!! I think the final result of Stevies idea is so funny! Nevada would be nice though!

Minerva10616 said...

man when you post you post girl. I've been reading "boys at risk" and they say that the best thing you can do is teach our boys to love to learn. I am so motivated by you and this young man of yours.