Saturday, March 22, 2008

Uncle Jack

This is a picture of my Uncle Jack, Cousin Jessie and Jessie's girlfriend Kristen. This picture is from the Christmas party but I wanted to put it in a separate post to pay tribute to Uncle Jack. He passed away about a month ago due to an unexpected heart attack! It was horrible! He was only 48 and the youngest of my dad's brothers. It was a horrible shock to the family.

My memories of Uncle Jack:

1. He always took special time to seek me out and hear about my life at the Christmas parties. A lot of the time at the party we talk small talk but Jack was genuinely interested in what was going on with me and my family.

2. Steve really enjoyed talking with Jack. Said he was funny and easy to be around.

3. He would come every summer to go fishing and was the only one of my dad's siblings to do that. He would always bring a friend of girlfriend but it was still fun to see him and hang out.

4. He came up over the 4th of July to go fishing one summer and it snowed. I remember him cursing the Idaho weather.

5. He drove his motorcycle up one summer when Stevie was just new and bought him a Harley Davidson sweat shirt. Stevie still wears it and knows who gave it to him.

We will miss Jack and wish the best for Jessie!

1 comment:

Minerva10616 said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Phil's uncle faced a similar situation with a similar outcome. I have been impressed with how these sudden tragedies can actually bring a family together very quickly and the reflection of life and love really has had a lasting effect in our family. All the best to you and yours through this loss.