Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sledding

So it literally snowed all day. Stevie played outside all morning and then we ran some errands. We are trying to put together a package for Steve and, as a side note, are having a little bit of trouble finding all the parts. Anyway, as we were driving home we saw a bunch of kids sledding and, believe it or not, Stevie has never been sledding. I know, I know the situation had to be rectified asap me being from Idaho and all! So we got home, dressed and back on the road in a record 10 minutes. The snow was melting fast at this point and it was raining on us but we decided to go for it anyway!

Stevie is usually fairly timid at trying new things. Not today. This was his first trip down and he had no fear. This wasn't a tiny hill either. We tried to put him with is butt in the whole but he is so stinkin' skinny that his butt dragged and he didn't go anywhere. So I threw him on face down and away he went. He loved every minute of it!


Rolling down the hill!

He couldn't get on the tube alone so I had to put him on, and get him stopped. Then I ran/slid to the bottom of the hill to take this picture. He kind of had a hard time getting the tube to slide down but after enough wiggling he got it moving!

I asked a lady that was taking pics of her kids to take one of Stevie and I as we came down the hill. She did but we were still at the top and it is kind of hard to see. Oh well!

Stevie and I don't get much alone time - just the two of us. This was a wonderful day where we played and talked and just got to hang out. I love this kid of mine with all my heart!

3 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

How fun!!! I love sledding, although, we don't get to do it very often, due to lack of snow....

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH JEALOUS!!!!!!!
I am glad you got to have some fun like that with him.

Sherry said...

What a fun day!! I can hardly believe it...snow?? It's in the 80's here in Georgia!!! Cute pictures!