Sunday, October 7, 2007

Shopping Cart

I'm sorry these last couple of entries are out of order. These pictures are from out trip down to see Nana Great. We were going to leave on a Thursday night after a volleyball game. I was all pumped up and wired because it was a big game and we lost. Nana was tired but I assured her I could drive to Salt Lake and we could stay over night at my wonderful aunt Dorothy's house. We got all packed and at the last minute decided we should sleep here and leave in the morning. Probably a wise choice, after the adrenaline wore off from my game I was exhausted and the drive would have been grooling. So we set the alarm from 4:30 and left at 5am. Nana drove the whole what to Salt Lake...thank God, Lilly had been up all night and I was so dang tired. Anyway when we got to Salt Lake we stopped at "Grand" aunt Dorothy's work, and dragged her to a McDonald's so Stevie could run around a little bit. We had a nice visit and then got back on the road. We decided that it would be better if we didn't arrive at Nana Great's house empty handed and tried to make a quick stop at a grocery store. Easier said than done. We looked and looked for a store and it took us about 30 minutes to find one. I bet we drove right by several that were maybe one street over but it took us forever to find one on the street we were on!

We finally found a Smiths and picked up some goodies. Stevie insisted on riding in one of these carts and Lilly is stable enough so we put her in too. They were so cute together. Stevie made sure she didn't fall out and they had a great time. If you can, blow up this first image and look at Lilly's face. She had the biggest grin on her face!!! TOO CUTE!




We made it to Nana Great's house and had a wonderful visit. I just wish we lived closer. Go figure, I seem to live too far away from a ton of close friends and especially family!

3 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Looks like they had fun!! I just love Lilly's red hair!

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh.....Both kids are going to love cars.....Momma your in trouble now. Hee- Hee- Hee

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE BLOG!!! Finally got to look at it! Looks like you are having fun in Idaho---and the kids are getting huge:) GREAT SHOTS!

Phyllis