Sunday, October 7, 2007

"Kids say the darndest things"


I need to post on here some the comments Stevie has made recently. He is so stinkin' funny sometimes and I want to share with you how clever he is sometimes.... So....


1. Nana, Lilly, Stevie and I drove down to Nana Great's house last weekend for a visit. It is a very long drive, 8 hours, and about 7 hours into it Stevie says to us, "my butt is getting flat!" It made both of us crack up. A good "pick me up" 7 hours into a long and fairly boring drive. The visit was great. Stevie loves his Nana Great and literally jumped into her arms upon arrival.


2. Nana, Lilly, Stevie and I went gleaning potatoes...for all you non-Idaho-ians out there that is picking up potatoes after the farmers have harvested all they want. If you go right after the farmers are done you can get some yummy ones that either fell out of the trucks or just got missed. Anyway we passed some friends and neighbors of ours taking a walk as we were pulling out of our street. We pulled over to visit a minute and Stevie leans forward in his seat and tells them, "I'm a tater picker, a bike rider, and a stealer!" And yes he did call himself a "tater picker" I don't' know where he got it but it was dang funny. And we aren't sure what he is stealing to call himself a stealer. But it made us all giggly.


3. Saturday morning Stevie comes into my room and whispers, "Mom, is it Christmas, is it your birthday, is Santa coming?" I asked why and he said, "because it snowed!" We had got about 4 inches of snow in the night and it snowed/rained all day long. I will post the pictures soon!


I know there have been a few other comments here and there, but it's late and this all I can remember. I will post them as they come.

3 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

#1...Stevie...I wish my butt was flat!

#2....maybe he doesn't understand that it's ok to take the potatoes (which means you'd be stealing them...???? maybe not, but it would make sense!)

#3....yes, Stevie, Christmas is coming very soon...and I could see why you would think it was today! SO CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats hilarious...I know the exactly what he means since my job is pretty much sitting for hours. I think you should involve the police in the staling thing, our son shouldn't start a life a crime so early.

caramac said...

so cute, mandy........