Sunday, November 11, 2007

Halloween

Halloween week was nuts. It actually started on Saturday night. I took Stevie and Lilly "trunk or treating" at Stevie's school. I got the cutest picture of them and then deleted by accident. I was pissed... needless to say! Anyway, we had a great time. We didn't need to worry about any of the candy or people that we were around because they were all Stevie's classmates. We made the loop once and then headed inside for hot coco and goodies. It was a lot of fun. All of the kids Stevie's age stripped off their costumes and were just running back and forth in the gym. No toys, just running... and they loved it. We decided to go to dinner afterward with 2 other families and had a good time getting to know some new people. It really made Stevie and I miss Steve. It was such a family outing that it was only fitting Steve be there. And, I'm not writing this to make Steve feel bad or guilty, just that there are times when we miss Dad more than other and this was one of them!
On a happier note, Stevie was dressed as a knight in shining armor and our friend Gabe was dressed as spider man. Gabe's mom was dressed as a kitty and at dinner, Stevie and Gabe crawled to another booth and pretended to be kitties. It was the funniest and cutest thing.
On Wednesday, Halloween, Nana and I went to Stevie's school to watch the leaf parade. Stevie had made a leaf mask and they were singing songs and marching up and down the hall. So cute. I took video of this but no pictures.
That night we decided to go to "Boo at the Zoo" instead of trick or treating. I thought we might get in both but the kids were sick. I don't think Stevie even wanted to go to Boo at the Zoo very badly but we suffered through it. He didn't even want the candy they handed out. Poor kid...that tells you how sick he was! And if that didn't, take a look at these sad pictures.
Lilly is an Angle if you couldn't tell!



It was one of the coolest trips to the zoo because all the animals were out. The sun was going down and we saw all of the cats. Tigers, Lions, Bob cats and even a snow leopard. Nana and I had a good time seeing the animals. The very next day at 4:30 in the morning we headed out to Nana Karen's and Papa Charlie's house. We had a fabulous time with them and I will post the pictures from that trip later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are good pictures, and it is okay, I am glad your having so much fun. I bet the cats were awesome to see out abd about.

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Halloween! It sure is crazy, huh? I've been wondering where you have been..... Checking your blog, but you've been off for a while. Missed you....

R