Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Our Trip to Santa Fe!

Ok this stupid blog is having issues tonight so these first 4 pics are a little out of order. But they are still dang cute and part of our time at the childern's museum!
Steive

Moma and Lilly!

Steive and I built a cool magnetic bridge together with these nuts and bolts. I wish I had got a pic of out finished product!
The tug boats!

November 1st we bussed, flew, and drove to Santa Fe, to visit our Nana Karen, Papa Charlie, and Auntie Samantha! It was a lot of fun. Getting there was another story...a bus + a plane + a car ride + 2 pieces of luggage + 2 kids + 2 car seats + 1 diaper bag + 1 stroller and only 2 hands = a long stressful, insane day! But we made it in one piece and really enjoyed our stay. We arrived Thursday afternoon and relaxed, talked, and in general let the kids be with their grandparents. I think the best part of Thursday for Stevie happened as soon as Charlie and Samantha got home from work that day. They scooped Stevie up and took him to the bike shop. Samantha kept his eyes covered and surprised him with a new beautiful bike. To say he was thrilled would be such an understatement! They knew how to make a little boys day! He came home with a red bike and a red helmet to match. Unfortunately, I'm a bad mom and forgot the camera. I promise to get a picture of this gorgeous bike and the cutest rider you have ever seen asap!!! Needless to say, Charlie and Stevie went on a bike ride that afternoon! That night we went to my favorite place...Diego's. It is a great Mexican restaurant and I always get the get the chili relleno. YUMMMMM!

Lilly was really intimidated by all new people and wouldn't let me put her down for even a second. In other words she even sat on my lap while I went potty. (no exaturation either) It took her the rest of Thursday and all of Friday to relax but Saturday morning she and Charlie had a bonding moment. She batted her eyelashes at him and he smiled at her. From that point on they were buddies!

Friday we relaxed and got reacquainted. Saturday we enjoyed the children's museum. Stevie had a ball. Of course his favorite spot was the water and playing with the tug boats. He pretended to be an animal rescuer! Lilly had a good time crawling around and looking at everything!





This was so cool. It was a table of little metal nails hanging through a table. But the nails were dull with no points. When you ran your hand across the bottom of the table the top of the table would look like water. I'm not sure if I described that well enough but Lilly really had fun running her hand through these nails. I think Nana Karen like it too!





This is a window of a mud hut they have outside the museum. Stevie climbed the ladder to the top and played with some other kids.



She loves her Papa Charlie!
Ride'm Cowboy!





After the children's museum we ate lunch at a BBQ place. It was yummy. In the afternoon we took Stevie's new bike to the park and Papa Charlie, Samantha, and Chris all rode together. Nana Karen, Lilly and I swung on the swings, and walked around. Stevie really got the hang of that bike and was flying around the tracks! I guess at one point he even fell off but jumped right back on and finished the ride! You GO Stevie!!!



This was one of the coolest parks I have been to in a while. They had these spinning seats you sit on and your weight makes them go on their own. You start out going slow and then speed up until you are about to puke! It was really cool. The park at a train, and swings, and slides, and climbing wall. Needless to say we all had a good time.



Sunday Nana Karen had the family over for a BBQ. It was great to see Uncle Larry, Uncle Louie, Joseph and his sister, Nana Great Bertha, and Papa Great Leo. It was a lot of fun! Of course we all forgot to get the camera out! Bad Me!!! That evening we went to George's house for dinner and hot tub. He just got this awesome hot tub that is equipped with the best jets I have ever sat in front of and to Stevie and Lilly's delight...a water fall. The water isn't chlorinated either so I had a great time. If you are reading this ....Thanks George!



Monday was busy day! We tried to cram in all the stuff we wanted to do and hadn't got to yet. In the morning we went to the chocolate store, Senior Murphy's, where the heavenly pinon roll is made. Think I could live on that stuff. Stevie got to see how the chocolate is made and we all enjoyed some. Then we took the kids swimming. Karen's camera goes underwater and we had a blast playing with that. I think Stevie really takes after his Auntie Samantha because they are both fish! I will post pics of this event asap. Thanks for sending them to me Nana Karen and Auntie Sam!



After naps, we went for tea. Samantha took us to this little place and we were entertained by the pastry cooks while we drank tea and nibbled on cookies. It was a lot of fun. So quaint and cute!
Even the boys had a spot of tea and a scone!





Much to our dismay we had to leave Tuesday morning. We had an absolute wonderful time and can't wait to go back. Oh I almost forgot to add...Stevie had to figure out how to distinguish between my mother and Karen. He thought on it a while and decided that my mom is Nana and Steve's mom is Nana Karen. It was so cute to watch him work through the difference. I know I'm the Mom...but he is truly an incredibly smart kid.






4 comments:

Minerva10616 said...

i'm so glad Adam sent me the link to your website. The next time you're in NM we'll have to touch base. Maybe I can help with some of the planes bus and airplanes. I have a blog too so we'll have to keep in touch via the blogs. Your children are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This is Nana Karen, we had a wonderful time too. I love reading your blog. You are very good with discriptions and expressing and setting the mood....you should be getting the other pics soon. Did you figure out how to put a video on you Blog?

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Hi Mandy!!

Glad to see your update! I have sickie kids. Blah! Lilly is getting big. Stevie is smart! AND it looks like NM was a really great time.....

miss ya! {{big hugs}}

Rox

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the trip went so well, I am so relieved I know how hard it must have been for you to get there in the first place. I can't wait to get the pictures on disk.