Friday, November 30, 2007

Pumpkins!

Every year I run into the problem of what to do with the pumpkins after they have served their purpose at Halloween. This year the kids were so sick and we were getting ready for our trip to Santa Fe that we didn't even carve ours. So they had been sitting on the kitchen floor for 3 weeks and we finally made the decision to do something with them besides throw them in the compost. I am one of those weird ones that don't like pumpkin pie so we decided to bake these, make the pumpkin mush that you need to bake with and turn them into cookies. They were awesome! Of course anything is good with chocolate chips in it! So this is Papa and Stevie cutting into the first of the 3 we cooked and mushed.

Stevie told me after Papa made the first major cut into the pumpkin that Papa was cutting up Lilly's pumpkin. Stevie wasn't ready to say good bye to his yet! And besides it made a great stool!

Of course I couldn't resist throwing this picture in. She is so cute!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pics of Stevie using his pumpkin as a stool. I hope the recipe was saved for next year.

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Oh...she is such a beautiful red headed girl....just like her momma!

Anonymous said...

I want that recipe too. Nana K

Anonymous said...

Stevie standing on a pumpkin is the cutest Halloween picture I've seen this year.