Friday, September 19, 2008

Collecting Eggs

This was a fun day. We went to my Mom's friend Cindy's house and collected eggs. I thought for sure we would have raw egg everywhere by the time we were done or at least a lot of cracked eggs but to my surprise, the kids were very gentile! Even with a metal bucket! I do think we did end up with about five cracked ones from Lilly. I guess she's not perfect. What am I saying, of course she is perfect!!! cracked eggs and all!

This kid of mine had a blast this day!
Lilly was frightened at first, I think of the birds, but then she got the hang of it. We had to actually plant additional eggs for her to find. I think we found the same egg at least 10 times.





Anyone up for some good ol' fashioned chicken chasin'? Stevie loves to chase the birds...he chases them at the river, he chased our own ducks and so why not chickens? This last picture is his attempt to pacify his mother who wants some good pictures of our adventure. Oh well.


3 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Glad you had fun with the chickens. I, myself, would not do that. I'm just a city girl and that country stuff ooks me out!

Nat said...

What a cool experience for them!

caramac said...

i'm so confused....are you back home in GA or ID?