Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh so much has happened!!!

Holly crap it has been a very long time. I have no words for why I have been such a slacker! But oh well here it is. So I'm only 6 months behind and I'm determined to capture the high lights. There were some huge ones in February which is when this pic was taken. First there was Mardi Gras and then the best was Steve came home on leave. We got 17 entire days with him. What an event! Steve's parents flew in for a visit and Lilly turned 1!


This picture is from the airport picking Steve up and I can tell you that Stevie was beside himself. There wasn't any hesitation in running right up and jumping into his dad's arms. I'm not a big crier but that about brought down the house.




Lilly on the other hand needed some time to get used to him. In fact she was quite jealous of him around me. I remember distinctly walking over to sit by Steve on the couch and she crawled over, climbed onto my lap, started up into her Dad's face, patted me on the chest and said, "my momma!" It didn't take long for the two of them to start a relationship...he deployed on her 3 month mark. They are pretty cute together now!



The weeks that Steve was home was absolutely crazy with things happening. First, my uncle Jack died. I posted about that back in March. We picked up Steve from the IF airport and 24 hours later we were on our way to Salt Lake for his funeral. You know funerals both good and bad... it is so hard to morn the people that leave us but at the same time it is almost a celebration of family. Everyone is brought together. Steve was able to visit and see just about the entire family that weekend. 2 days after the funeral, we picked Steve's parents up from the Salt Lake airport and drove back to Idaho Falls. This should have been a wonderful reunion, but I was sick as a dog. Steve drove home and I crashed in the back seat. We arrived home just in time for me to be sick from top to bottom. It was actually hard to decided which end of me needed the toilet more. I'm sorry that was gross, but true. Steve, being a man away from his wife for 9 months, was convinced that he wouldn't get it if he only kissed me a little. RIGHT!! So he was sick for a couple of days after that with very similar symptoms. So Steve's parents were here for only a week and during that time, I was sick, Steve was sick and we had Lilly's birthday party which will be in my next blog post....I promise it is coming soon!



3 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

OH Man...bring on the Gross! We can handle it...that's life, right. And of course, you get sick when Steve was home! And of course he got it, too. Murphy's Law. But, the kids were spared? Lucky you!

So, is Steve back now? I was thinking he was back in August and you are in Georgia now? Maybe I am wrong....?

Nat said...

I'm so sorry that you and Steve got sick while he was home!

Minerva10616 said...

Yea i'm sure you kissed just a little... i remember those days of coming home on leave. Really good that you're posting again.