Friday, August 10, 2007

Giddy-UP



We went the the War-Bonnet rodeo last Saturday and had a great time. I did a crappy job of taking picutres. We went with our freinds Brendan and his mom and dad Wendy, and Kirk...but I didn't get a single picuture of them. Or the rodeo for that matter. Papa, Stevie and I went. Nana and Lilly stayed home. Nana doesn't like how mean the cow-boys are to the calves when they rope and tie them up. We don't either so Wendy and I cheered every time one of the calves got away. Does that make us un-rodeo-like? Oh well.


Stevie enjoyed the pre-show and just as the rodeo was about to start he picked up his snacks and blanket and told me it was time to go home. We managed to convinse him to stay with popcorn and cotton candy. Those would have convinced me too.


Stevie liked the horsese the best I think. One of the bucking horses jumped the fense after he threw his rider off. He cleared 3 of his legs but 1 got caught on the wrong side of the fense and Stevie was pretty worried about it. He talked about that for a couple of days after.


There was a concert after the rodeo but Stevie had had enough. He was about to fall alseep on the bench so we called it a night. It was good time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounded like fun and I would have stayed for much less than popcorn and cotton candy!

Anonymous said...

That picture of Stevie and your Dad is priceless.