Sunday, August 19, 2007

Solid Foods

My baby girl is growing up way too fast. She is already eating solid foods. I have been told I was supposed to wait until 6 months, but we only started 2 weeks early and this kid was ready. We did one day of rice cereal and then moved right along. She has had potatoes, carrots, beans, tomatoes, bread, corn...this kid is eating the food fit for the gods because it is right out of Nana and Papa's garden. So when we eat, I just take a small amount add some water and puree it. She loves it. She has had apple sauce, yogurt, and we even hand her a piece of bread or a huge slice of yummy tomato and she chows down.



Stevie had so much trouble digesting food...we were worried at first...but not with this one. She is fascinated by us eating and loves tasting new things. Let me tell you, she has no trouble passing it through either...she farts like a man and I can't seem to find a diaper that can contain her new and improved poop!

We are working on getting her to take a sippy cup, but this child is stubborn...I wonder where she gets it...neither of her parents are that way!!!

So far she will drink out of one if the little stopper is removed, but she hasn't got the hang of having to suck stuff out yet. I'm sure it is only a matter of time!

She has a streak of intensity about her too...wonder where that came from... And look at the red hair. It's not red red or auburn, or strawberry colored... it is more of a golden red. Absolutely beautiful if you ask me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE BLOG.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous the food sounds awesome. But there couldn't be a better way to start out on food!

Miss Andi said...

that girl is absolutly beautiful!! i love read heads...good thing cory's boy is a redy...