Monday, September 24, 2007

The Idaho State Fair

Sometimes this blogger is a pain in the butt. Not only has it not allowed me to post in a while but I can't get this picture anywhere else but right at the top of this post. So here it is. Stevie playing in the dune-buggy. I thought this pic would make his Daddy proud!


We had such a great time at the fair this year. It was just Stevie, Lilly and I that went and it was fun!!! We went early in the morning so we didn't have to worry about parking. I think that is the worst part about fairs. We spent the morning looking at animals. Stevie was most impressed with the huge work horses and birds. We have been reading a story about a little duck named Henry and we saw a duck just like Henry. It was fun. We also went into a petting zoo and Stevie touched an Emu, goats, baby pig, and a turtle. Lilly just sat up in her stroller and looked at everything. The rides didn't open up until 1 so we had quite a bit of time to look at the different displays. We went into the 4-H building and looked at all the projects as well as the art work.


Stevie was pretty patient but he really wanted to ride the rides. So we had some lunch, got some tickets and headed over to the rides.



Stevie is too short to ride a lot of the rides and because I didn't dare leave Lilly alone or with a stranger, I just asked different people to take Stevie on some of the rides. This car ride in the picture above was kind of a wild ride. I think he loved it and the girl in the front seat with him was really cute about making sure he was ok and having a good time. I just wish I could have gone with him! Maybe next year!



Lilly had a good time watching and sleeping. She is too cute. I can't believe how much she has grown!

Anything that had to do with Cars, Stevie was all over. This one just went round and round. I don't think he was too impressed. He was expecting to be able to turn the wheel and drive where he wanted too. But I think he had a good time.

This was another one where he was too short to go alone. This large kid was pretty nice and cute to take Stevie... maybe a little old for this kiddie ride? Stevie really wanted to go on this ride because we have been watching Dumbo and he was excited to ride on Dumbo's back!




This green jeep was supposed to be a "Mater" jeep from the movie Cars. Stevie loved it just because it was from the movie. He loved that he got to drive too.



This is inside a train and a very nice Dad took the picture for me. He went on this ride twice! He loves trains.


3 comments:

the real ~Roxann~ said...

~~I MISS YOU MANDY!!~~

Miss Lilly is getting so big!!! And she's so beautiful!!

(Stevie looks like he was having fun!!)

How are you?!?!

Anonymous said...

I've been missing these posts, checking every day to see if you had put anything new. My dad was here for a visit last week, and I showed him pictures of Lilly & Stevie. He said that Lilly looks just like a little Manny. and just like Lynn.
I sure do miss you guys.
-Sarah

Anonymous said...

That looked like a great time!
I am glad you had so much fun.