Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Steve's book for Stevie and Lilly

Ok!!! I finally got this book on my Blog. I have been trying to get this organized for a while now and today everything fell into place. This is mostly for my wonderful mother-in-law, Karen because she has been waiting to see these pictures for a long time!

This is the book Steve made for his kids to help them get through this long and aweful deployment. Steve is quite the artits and Stevie loves this book. It is an on going book because, if you didn't notice, I'm the only one not in it. So Steve has promised to add a few pages. It is in a scrap book, so he can add as many pages as he wants. I know Stevie and the rest of us would be thrilled to get a new page...hint, hint, hint!

I think if you double click on the images, you can see an enlagred picture and will be able to read the words.

I love this book and was so proud of Steve for making it. It was really hard for hin to get started on the drawings becuase it made the delployment real. It made leaving his kid real and that sucked and still sucks. So, way to go Steve for creating something that will be a keep-sake in our family forever (and 2 days...inside joke!) I can't wait to see the new pages that he is going to add!
































5 comments:

Beth said...

Mandy - that is an awesome scrapbook. I have missed you at the crops.

the real ~Roxann~ said...

Awww...that makes me cry!

How sweet? Is he gonna make one for Lilly?

Anonymous said...

I got the hints.......I will add pages for you and lilly......i need the paper still though(stall tactic)!!

Anonymous said...

Damn. That's really impressive. You guys are both great parents. In fact, I think you should adopt me. I'm 34 and messy, but I play well with others and I'm fun at parties :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy! I lurk on your blog about once every week or two and stopped in tonight and now look, I'm all teary over this awesome book!! Holy cow! That's just amazing!! I love seeing the pictures...I can hardly believe Lilly is standing. Her and Stevie are so cute!! :)